Bartlett Hall Renovation at the United States Military Academy at West Point
The massive, 125,000sf Neo-Gothic style Bartlett Hall, housing the chemistry and physics departments, was originally designed by Cram, Goodhue & Ferguson and constructed in 1913 of rock-faced granite with limestone decoration. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places. Many years of deferred maintenance and insensitive repairs left the building in need of infrastructure upgrades. A comprehensive condition survey was completed and the subsequent design included roof replacement, new capstone and flashing, selective stone replacement, repointing of all exterior masonry, modifications to the rooftop exhaust and mechanical systems, replacement of the observatory dome, repairs to historic windows and cleaning of the entire facade. The project was completed in 2008.